Saturday, January 26, 2013

Grateful

This morning I was scrolling through Facebook (like ya do when you don't have to be to work until 12:30) and I came across this picture:



Now, that, in and of itself, isn't unexpected. My friends post pictures like this all the time because my friends are awesome. Here's what was cool about this picture: I came across it on my grandma's timeline.

My fantastic Grandma Artman, in all her sassy, wonderful glory, shared this photo on her Facebook timeline. She is epic.

And so this time, instead of giggling at what was an otherwise adorable and humorous picture, I burst into tears. I am so grateful for the way my family has accepted everything about me. I realize not everyone has been as lucky as I've been. I know people who were cast out by their families, or were subjected to "treatment", or who have to make an active effort to hide a part of themselves when they're home for Christmas - if they go home for Christmas. I am proud and overwhelmed with gratitude to say that this is not my story. From my nieces and nephews to my grandparents and everywhere in between, my family has been loving and accepting and supportive and wonderful and I couldn't be more grateful.

I love you, Grandma. I love you, grandparents and aunts and uncles and parents and cousins and brothers and sisters-in-laws and nieces and nephews. I love you, my wonderful, incredible, fantastic family. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment